FIRST is providing several different trainings with the goal to educate new CSIRTs and enhance the capabilities of current teams. All material is available under the
Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 4.0 license.
If you are interesting in hosting a training please contact us through email@example.com.
FIRST CSIRT Basic Course
The goal of the basic course is to give an introduction into the operation of a CSIRT. It consists of the following six modules:
- CSIRT Fundamentals
- Starting with a CSIRT
- CSIRT Operation
- Working with Information Sources
- Incident Coordination
- CSIRT Performance Measurement
FIRST Fusion Course
Services that conduct analysis and inclusion of multiple data sources. Take feeds of information, regardless of the source, and integrate it into an overall view of the situation (Situational Awareness).
The need for this training is identified by existing and upcoming CSIRTs. In both instances they are looking how to serve their constituency by providing appropriate information.
The training will cover the following topics:
- Determine the methods and techniques (algorithms) or technologies used to analyze (fuse) the information.
- Analysis (fusing) of the data resources using the data in the knowledge management system to identify commonalities and relationships amongst the data.
- Security Advisement: Services providing advice to a constituent or line-of- business on the execution and implementation of pertinent security operations or functions.
- Patch Management: Services that assist constituency with the capabilities necessary to manage the identification of inventory, systems to patch, deployment and verification of patch installation.
It consits of seven modules:
- Actionable Information
- Lab: Extracting Indicators
- Lab: Handout
The Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an open framework for communicating the characteristics and severity of software vulnerabilities. This self-paced elearning course will specifically help you master CVSS version 3.0.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Articulate tactical and business benefits of CVSS
- Describe relevant changes from CVSS v2.0 to CVSS v3.0
- Distinguish among Base, Temporal, and Environmental Metrics
- Identify CVSS scoring rubrics and how to use them
- Make calculations for the various types of CVSS metrics
- Apply CVSS metrics to case studies about real-world vulnerabilities
- Show your knowledge about CVSS v3.0 in a course project
- Leverage resource guides for continued learning on CVSS
The course is available on our Learning Platform